Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Returning to Sicilia

This March we head back to Sciacca! Carnavale returns and so do we!

We are looking forward to visiting our favorite places and discovering some new ones too.

We will be going back to our wonderful Le Casette del Porto (www.sciaccacase.itapartment overlooking the Port of Sciacca and the Porto Peschereccio banchina. 


The view from one of our apartment doors.

We hope that the guys at bar Charlie are still there! We are looking forward to Franco's pastry!

This trip we are going to meet in person at least some of the Re family that live in Sicilia that we have come to know through Facebook and emails. This will be fantastic!

Family tree chart that Renato Re in Sicilia, Italia and Bernie Re here in Connecticut, USA have been working on. If anyone out there in the family would like to expand on what we have done or offer some corrections just print the chart (CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VERSION), mark it up and get it back to me (bre@globalhome.com) and I will update it.


We are also thrilled that my brother Joe and wife Michelle will be with us for a week!

Wonderful!

I have decided to try and travel light this time. A small suitcase, backpack and shoulder bag. In them I will pack clothes, art supplies and a select assortment of other items.

So with plans made it is time to make ready for our departure.

Follow along...

Bernie and Joey


2 comments:

  1. Hello Bernie and Joey, thanks for the post that you left on my My Sicilian Home blog. I was wondering, are you part of the group of Americans (from Boston?) who have family ties to Sciacca and that come back in the summer? I watched a film on Youtube about it. Are you there in the summer? If you want to contact us, I check our FB page often https://www.facebook.com/MySicilianHome and I have migrated our blog to http://mysicilianhome.wordpress.com.
    I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you leaving? We wish you Bon Voyage and happy trails. Although we missed your presence this Winter, Scott is feeling great and our weather has been glorious. Maybe NM again next Winter? We are off to Big Bend NP in a few weeks and are excited to see some new scenery and to add another notch in our NP belt. Be well, safe and most of all enjoy! Laurel, Scott and Buddy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your appropriate comments and questions.